Washing machine - compartment full of water | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine - compartment full of water in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hey guys, sorry if this is a daft question but ever since we've had our hotpoint washing machine the compartment on the far left (softener compartments I believe) is full of water after every cycle. See attached.

Are we missing an insert here or something? I can't see how else it would drain, or should it not be filling with water at all?

Thank you.

IMG_2306.jpg

If still full after the wash? then pull it out and you will probably find that there is a build up of powder/gunk, if you just pour a glass of water into it it should empty if clear.

Looking at post#1 again, yes I think you are missing a part like this which when water is introduced, overflows and created a syphoning effect and leaves the compartment empty.
This is from mine, a Zanussi.

You are missing the "blue" insert.

Attachments

• Complete.jpg
    Complete.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Without Syphon Cap.jpg
    Without Syphon Cap.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Syphon Cap.jpg
    Syphon Cap.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 26

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That might be the task of the other three butts
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could you take a picture of your downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also check the instructions, most machines...
Replies
Views
Back