Washing machine drain connection | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine drain connection in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

New washing machine is the other side of the dishwasher therefore a longer drainage hose is required. I bought a 1.5m hose which I have connected to the existing hose, looked pretty tricky to replace the hose at the pump! I now have a 28mm rubber connector and a standard straight nozzle which McAlpine detail as max 24mm. Could someone advise the best solution.

Thanks,

Keith
FC36A20B-CE35-4D7B-B789-AFB9276FD87A.jpeg

Hello,

New washing machine is the other side of the dishwasher therefore a longer drainage hose is required. I bought a 1.5m hose which I have connected to the existing hose, looked pretty tricky to replace the hose at the pump! I now have a 28mm rubber connector and a standard straight nozzle which McAlpine detail as max 24mm. Could someone advise the best solution
Was it an extension or a replacement hose and were both ends the same size plus I can`t see any mention of the 24mm max size you mentioned.

Thanks for your replies. I will remember to remove the blank cap!

The hose was a replacement with two different sized ends, the smaller one was fine connecting to the washing machine hose with a plastic insert and a couple of jubilee clips, just this end is the problem. The 24mm measurement was for the white plastic spigot, so I will do as you say and clamp the 28mm down onto the 24mm. This is in my kids flat which I’m back at on Sunday. Thanks again.

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
If you measure the internal dia you should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, I shall try that. Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Manufacturers hose tend to have the Wings...
Replies
Views
Back