Washing machine hose below floor level | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine hose below floor level in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone,

I re-arranging my kitchen and would like to install the washing machine with the following setup. I will cut a trench in the concrete below the wooden floor to fit the hose for the waste.
Do you think that would work?

Thanks for your help and advice. :)
washingmachine.png

Last edited:
Oh the waste? Yeah looking at the diagram it does look it's the waste. Could be a future problem if it blocks but if you trench out deep enough and sleeve the hose in some 1 1/4" waste pipe using swept bends or 45°s so it can be pulled back out if needed then I don't see an issue.

Can't see it being much different from running the waste hose along the floor. It would be better protected if run in a duct of some kind under the floor than if run on the floor surface. Might be worth working out some kind of leak sensor to throw down there in the unlikely event it leaks.
Not quite sure why others think the idea is terrible. Can they expand?

Your washing machine pumps might not last too long as they will be a lot more work. You can get a pumping unit to go in between to do the same thing but check there rating if you do hot washes.

Normal instructions are Up, Along & Down. Doing it your way will leave +90% of the hose full of water and therefore as Chris said the life span of the pump will be considerably shorter.

Sometimes I have found the only way (after newly fitted kitchen completed before getting involved) is to join two hoses together under the units. I do this with a ribbed joining piece and jubilee clips, then into sink unit and up to a crook before final downward connection to trap.
This has always seemed to work OK, although admittedly I don't think it's ideal.
Is this wrong? What else can you do in this situation?

Sometimes I have found the only way (after newly fitted kitchen completed before getting involved) is to join two hoses together under the units. I do this with a ribbed joining piece and jubilee clips, then into sink unit and up to a crook before final downward connection to trap.
This has always seemed to work OK, although admittedly I don't think it's ideal.
Is this wrong? What else can you do in this situation?

May work but for how long with the extra strain on the motor/pump? Run it up high inside the units and clipped to the back to prevent sags in the hose.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also check the instructions, most machines...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That might be the task of the other three butts
Replies
Views
Back