Washing machine Hose Join Connector which size? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine Hose Join Connector which size? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi got a new Samsung washing machine delivered today since old one packed up, I stupidly left the silver metal hose clip and the Drain hose join connector on the old washing machine and they took the machine away for weee recycling !

So I am left with no way to connect the old drain pipe to the washing machine drain pipe since they are the same size.

this is the waste pipe from the new washing machine and the old one which leads outside to drain.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/z4a9x.jpg

I found another metal hose clip which is similar size so should be fine but not sure what size the old hose join connector was?

On the new pipe is written the number 8, any idea what part to get or where from ?

I found this on screwfix: Plastic Outlet Hose Connector 17 x 17mm | Washing Machine Fittings | NoLinkingToThis

would this do the trick ? I do recall something white looking inside and I assume its a standard washing machine grey waste pipe size also.

Last edited:
I've used a short piece of 22mm copper tube before now as an insert to strengthen the connection of two washing machine hoses. So I'm thinking that 17mm one you have linked up will be too small.
Just had a quick Google and it looks like 21mm is probably the one you want. Universal Washing Machine Drain Hose Connector: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home <-- is an example of one.
Have a measure and find the internal diameter of your hose and search accordingly. Also please make sure to get quality jubilee clips, not the appalling ones from toolstation.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've used a short piece of 22mm copper tube before now as an insert to strengthen the connection of two washing machine hoses. So I'm thinking that 17mm one you have linked up will be too small.
Just had a quick Google and it looks like 21mm is probably the one you want. Universal Washing Machine Drain Hose Connector: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home <-- is an example of one.
Have a measure and find the internal diameter of your hose and search accordingly. Also please make sure to get quality jubilee clips, not the appalling ones from toolstation.

thanks for reply I could buy that one you linked but also noticed this one here:

WASHING MACHINE DISHWASHER DRAIN HOSE CONNECTOR 22mm | eBay

22mm drain hose connector

I think ill try to figure out how to measure that drain pipe shame no number or id on any of them, thought it one just be one size for all modern and old washing machines !

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Measured the inside you guys were spot on it appears to be 21-22mm on the inside bit tricky to get exact sizing.

shocked b&q/wicks/homebase even screwfix no one does it, ebay+amazon everything as usual.

Have ordered a 6 quid 21mm hose join adaptor kit with jubilee clips to match from ebay, should hopefully do the job as well as getting a slap on the back of the head from the misses.

Washing Machine Dishwasher DRAIN Waste HOSE EXTENSION KIT 2m (STRETCH 66-200 cm) | eBay

Got that new kit (above link) good service from that ebayer since next day delivery.

Fitted in perfectly and so did the jubilee clips done them tight but not too tight 4 washing test runs after not a single leak so now I can move it back into position:)

Thanks guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
Hello where are you located ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
Back