Washing machine input tap produces oscillation sound & gets blocked | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine input tap produces oscillation sound & gets blocked in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

This is my first post here. How do you do?

I was wondering if anyone may have ideas on this issue. We're just trying to connect a washing machine to an under-sink water pipe valve, and we're finding a strange behaviour.

With the washing machine on, when the valve is partially open, water flows. However, with increasing opening of the valve, an oscillation vibration sound becomes louder and louder, until there is a sudden thump and the water flow completely stops.

I am able to 'reset' this behaviour by unscrewing the pipe from the valve, and am able to go through the above steps again, until it thumps and stops again.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? This is a <3yr old house.

Thanks!

Current washing machines have a little box on the fill hose, believe it is an anti-flood device.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
The figure I see quoted quite often is a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Check pressure in mini expasion vessel (silver...
Replies
Views
Back