Washing machine twin inlet hose | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing machine twin inlet hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
First time I've seen one of these. This was connected to the back of the same machine. Though machines were hot and cold feed or recently cold only. Why would you have a twin cold hose like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 23
Ok, so if you only have a cold supply and your machine requires both hot and cold then you need this "y" piece to connect between the machine and to the cold supply for the machine to work.
That I can understand, but if the machine is made to wash with a hot supply and you only connect a cold surely the machine won't wash as good with cold water only. Unless the machine has heating elements but then why would it need a hot supply?

They have heating elements even if they have a hot feed in.
It was deemed to be more efficient to heat the water in the machine rather than using the DHW so I'm guessing this hose was made so the manufacturer could still supply machines with hot and cold connections on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When speedfit came out they one made that type...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If your long inlet hose is in one piece, you...
Replies
Views
Back