Washing your work horse?? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Washing your work horse?? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
as it's such a nice day and i have not got any work am thinking about washing my van. So am wondering what kind of chemicals you use if any?

can you use a pressure washer on a phone? i know it says in my vivaro's manual that you can't even use one on the wheels.

You've got a pressure washer on your phone?

Must be one those you can fill a bath with?

I were you I wouldn't wash your van in the blinding sun - it'll dry all streaky.

I fully clean my van every few weeks, I kind of enjoy it. Normally do it on a Saturday morning. I love finding money and lighters that have fallen out of my pocket. I give it a sort out in the back too, and replace fittings and stuff that I've used with my spares in the garage.
I can work a lot faster, and seem to be in a better mood when my vans all nice, I suppose it's our office really.

Clean mine most weeks, though through the winter it probably needs it more often as the lanes round here are filthy.

I just use halfords wash and wax and a hose, give the wheel arches a blast with the pressure washer also to get rid of mud and try to keep the tin worm at bay. I never use the hp washer on the paint work as it can lift the vinyl sign writing (it happened to my old van, once bitten twice shy and all that).

Shame on me. I have not given mine a clean for a few months now. Well the outside any way. The back it is always at the end of the week as it seems to pick up quite a lot of junk on the way

mine gets washed every Wednesday night , cos i have bni thursday . but the cab and back are always tidy ,after every job and most sunday mornings a good going over inside

My van is clean on the outside and in the back but the cabin is a garbage pit from hell, probably 20 empty cans of monster ripper, banana skins, loose tobaco, invoices and assorted rubbish.

Gets washed at least once a week without fail, usually twice a week. Interior cleaned once a week as well. You could eat your dinner off the floor in mine. I remember being told that one company, think it may have been Connaught, were made to keep their vans to a suitable standard as if they were transporting their customers around.

Don't waste money on chemicals,I just use Tesco wash and wax. Wash it regularly and the dirt falls off on the next wash.

Mine gets washed every week, at home, and usually from the water butts, (it rains a lot in Brittany too). Normally on a Saturday morning, and in footy season its early on a Saturday morning so that I can spend all afternoon in front of the telly watching 3 live footy matches. So I shall bid you adieu, and go and wash my van.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Back