Waste carrier (again) - sorry | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste carrier (again) - sorry in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

Been busy with other jobs than plumbing for couple weeks.

So, waste carriers registration.

On the gov.uk site they ask you a few questions then tell you if you're higher or lower tier.

I'm a sole trader, carry business waste (household from gardening/plumbing etc.

Don't do building or demolition waste

Waste collection is not my main business

I'm a lower tier user, registered as such in April and its indefinite unless my circs change.

Anyway, went to Slough dump yesterday with green waste, chap says I'm not registered, I say I am and he asks for my card, no card as I'm lower tier carrier, he says nope you're not you are higher. I show him my email confirmation and show him the questions and he says its wrong!!!'

Wtf?

Does anyone have 2 mins to go through the questions as a plumber and see what you get?

I'd be interested to know.

Cheers

Rct

registered minute back, did lower tier as I dont do building or demolition work so got directed to lower tier, its what the site says! so await to be told otherwise :)

However............... last year on the gov site I worked out I should be higher tier based on their instructions then, so didnt bother, I reckon this is a trap and 6 months time we will be getting bills of £154!!!!!!!!

looking at the certificate it states you carry only your own waste, despite the original form asks if you carry other household waste fm your normal work, plumbing etc!!!

I can honestly say I will continue as I am without a licence and happily take the risk and any consequences that should come my way.

If i didn't read this forum I wouldn't even know they exist so unless I get an official letter telling me I need one I will keep my £140 or whatever and just keep feeding it to Cameron to house the imigrants.

Yep Phil, I only registered as I do agent work & they asked me if I was registered and as I said the geezer at the dump asked me the other day.

I never knew also!!

Same as. I only registered 'cause local council 'trusted trader' scheme asks how you dispose of your waste. Makes it tricky if you don't have a licence. Tier one also

I only know from this forum and my work have given me their licence to keep on the van.

How are we supposed to know otherwise though??

Last edited:
registered minute back, did lower tier as I dont do building or demolition work so got directed to lower tier, its what the site says! so await to be told otherwise :)

The heating and plumbing sector is part of the construction industry which is building so you do building work.

personally, the site where you sign on needs to be clearer and more concise if they want peeps to get it right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

F
Ok great thanks for your advice and swiftness...
Replies
Views
FeelingCold
F
Thanks, I think I'll warn him it might be bad...
Replies
Views
It's a pic with GIF. I thought the GIF meant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
J
Take the scrap out the van before you go to...
Replies
Views
T
Back