Waste fitting storage | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste fitting storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening all.

The state of my van is starting to depress me.

My main issue is waste fittings. They get everywhere. What do you keep yours in? I'd prefer not bags

any thoughts

matt

Different bags for different stuff all inside big tub.
Traps, pan cons, kitchen wastes & various other crap in another tub.
Granted, theyre full and youll have to be picky what goes in but works for me

Sorry it was really the solvent weld fittings I meant 90s, 45°s, straights in 40mm and 32mm

Yeah, just put it inside a tub. Ive got a bag for 32 solvent and another for 40.
Any compression/pushfit goes straight in the tub

Interesting, cheers. I go through these like no mans business so I was just trying to come up with some clever way that I can see my stock levels quickly

I just use clear plastic stackable storage boxes for waste fittings. Once i get down to the last few of any one I restock or, on a big job, I'll order extra for the job.

Cheers all that is what I shall do then.

I carry mine in a fish box, in fact I store everything in fish boxes which are 800mm x 450mm x 270mm deep. Really tough boxes, far stronger that what may be bought at a DIY shed.
They stack on top one another so fit into the van well.
However I too despair about my waste fittings as they are all in one box. I tend to ignore whats in the van & buy for specific jobs to save rummaging through the box to find what I need.

I have two compartments on my racking for 32mm and 40mm fittings. These are for a rainy day though, just like most things on my racking. If im starting a job ill pick up what i need from the merchants and only use the racking kit if in run out.

rent a crate works for mebit of 6mm ply in the middle to seperate the two sizes 50mm stuff is in a sack that lives in the shed

i got given some nice big blue crates this week, suddenly the van is a lot tidier. :)

If I know what I need for the job I get it when the materials get collected/delivered
But I keep all my spares/if I get called to a job or need the odd fitting on my racking
Separated into
Traps on the top/spare tub/bleach/paper roll
Macalpine fittings all together/clips/strap on boss's/21.5mm fittings
Pushfit 32/40mm tees/45/elbows/streights reducers blanks
Solvent 32/40mm tees/45/elbows/streights reducers blanks
Dust sheets / toilet fittings connectors/ball valves/Siphons

fittimgs.jpg

If I know what I need for the job I get it when the materials get collected/delivered
But I keep all my spares/if I get called to a job or need the odd fitting on my racking
Separated into
Traps on the top/spare tub/bleach/paper roll
Macalpine fittings all together/clips/strap on boss's/21.5mm fittings
Pushfit 32/40mm tees/45/elbows/streights reducers blanks
Solvent 32/40mm tees/45/elbows/streights reducers blanks
Dust sheets / toilet fittings connectors/ball valves/Siphons

View attachment 21192

so when you start on gas, what are you going to do and if you go oil youll never have an room left :)

That's a lot of room used for fittings right enough , lol

Glad I'm not the only one who needs a articulated lorry for there gear :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That’s a good solution. But at £150 compared...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So have started fitting all the bits together...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Those Vado wastes are great and it looks like...
Replies
Views
If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Back