Waste issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Was called to a job and found the pipework rose on exit from both p traps.

The discharge pipe runs behind the cabinets straight out the wall into a 4 inch stack.

There is no option the rerun the pipework behind the cabinets. The insinkerator discharge point is lower than the discharge pipe so the only option I had was to do this:

5ad801b5ffff9cb4b1261476a2f321f4.jpg

eb6990c75850e4560e521cc9b1f04a07.jpg

I know it wasn't ideal but I didn't have any other option with what I had.

Have to go back, as I expected.

What can I do to work around this?

Last edited:
Why two traps? Just take the connection from the waste unit straight into the other tee and do away with the trap and pipework which must be full all the time!

Why two traps? Just take the connection from the waste unit straight into the other tee and do away with the trap and pipework which must be full all the time!

But it still slightly rises... I also didn't have a female connector to straight end to be able to do that

best way out of this is get two trap extenders put one between the basket strainer waste and the trap and the second one between the u of the trap and the outlet elbow this will form a deeper trap and lower the side inlet . Do away with the trap on the waste disposal as it now trapped by the sink trap perfect but it will work Trap extentions come in about 3 sizes and the can be joined together

Use a mcalpine double sink kit mate. About 20 quid but will sort that problem. Also cut away some of that back board. You may find it lowers the waste pipe down a few inches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers guys, had to go and clear a blockage from it this morning.. Took longer than I expected to block tbh..

i'd try removing the back of the cupboard and see if the waste will lower any,
if its like most of the jobs i go to there wont be any clips

i'd try removing the back of the cupboard and see if the waste will lower any,
if its like most of the jobs i go to there wont be any clips

There aren't, but it won't lower much more than it already is. I had to saw off a section of the backboard to access the pipework to rejig it for the main bowl p trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Best thing to do first is to read the relevant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you go and put your hose in the top like...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Back