Waste pipe connection for freestanding bath | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste pipe connection for freestanding bath in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I'm currently in the middle of first fixing the waste pipe for my freestanding bath. I've created a mock version out of plastic to determine where the waste enters down through the floor - see photo.

IMG_20221214_161559.jpg

I was just wondering is there any minimum length the pipe has to run after the trap before it enters the floor? The chrome waste pipe that came as part of the fixtures and fittings is considerably longer than my mock version.

Also, I'm guessing I can't solvent weld the chrome pipe and I'll have to use a compression fitting under the floor where it can't be seen?

Thanks. P

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Best thing to do first is to read the relevant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, I'll give that a go. They'll be access...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a freestanding bath with claw feet. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You will need to bob on with your first fix in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
thanks Timmy didn't know about the max length...
Replies
Views
Back