Waste pipe problems in new build | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste pipe problems in new build in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will be privately owned by individual buyers, a guy on-site pointed out that the plumbing is wrong on the properties as a perspective buyer I’d like to know if it’s legal ? The top properties waste/ soil stack runs into the downstairs properties waste pipes, so basically all your waste is going through the downstairs flats pipes, yet on the show home the soil stack/ waste pipes from each property are separate, the upstairs goes out through the wall not into someone else’s pipe. Surly having someone’s wastes going into your pipes isn’t legal when the properties are privately owned, surly it will cause huge problems if there’s blockages ect ? Are there pluming regulations for this ?
TIA

Nope quite common shared stack etc

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Has s/he confirmed that there can be no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the advice... makes total sense...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Hi Dave Unfortunately you are discovering the...
Replies
Views
Back