Waste Pipe Run For Bath | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste Pipe Run For Bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse my ignorance before I start but I have what is probably a dumb question but anyway :)

I'm just about to put down my final bit of flooring that occupies the bath area. My waste pipe will come up through the floor but I'm a bit unsure of how it will run to the bath.

The attached two photos show the proposed two routes. The first photo (ending 303R.jpg) would see the pipe exit and travel horizontally from the 90 degree bend. If it was done like this then the horizontal pipe would run at an angle to allow a fall. Would this then connect into the bath trap correctly if it is running at an angle?

The second photo (ending 304R.jpg) exits vertically. If you ignore the length of the pipe that's in the 90 degree bend as that's just there for the pic. I was then thinking a small amount of vertical pipe, then another 90 degree bend on top which would then take the horizontal run to the bath trap.

I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

Daz

Attachments

• 13012010303R.jpg
    13012010303R.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 13012010304R.jpg
    13012010304R.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 46
As per second photo, but dont try and be clever and to precise, best to keep the vertical piece of pipe away from trap as much as possible to allow room to play with for the next elbow, pipe and trap.

I would always use solvent weld instead of the push fit pipes you show.

Hi. Make sure you give the horizontal waste pipe plenty of support, as when carrying hot water it will sag.

I would always use solvent weld instead of the push fit pipes you show.

Solvent or push fit is just personal preference and experience I guess. The previous waste pipes were all push fit, were all unsupported along the run other than where they connected to the facilities and they had been in the house from the 70s. There were no signs of any leaks anywhere and I've not had any problems at all, so I've used push fit again.

Re: Waste Pipe Run For Bath
Hi. Make sure you give the horizontal waste pipe plenty of support, as when carrying hot water it will sag.

Even though the previous pipes weren't supported I will be ensuring they are supported nevertheless.

Thanks all for your comments.

Much appreciated,

Daz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I always prefer separate wastes where...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.stevensonplumbing.co.uk/50mm-x-40mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, I'll give that a go. They'll be access...
Replies
Views
Back