Waste Pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Waste Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,

Ive got 2 sinks to fit in a new shop which will both be on the same run of waste pipe, the run is around 5m long with a few bends in. The waste pipe will run straight outside and into an open drain, this is the only route which is possible. This is the same route which was used when the shop was previously a hair dressers. It is now be turned into a tattoo shop so for hygiene issues these 2 sinks will only be used for pouring waste water down and cleaning of hands. (Seperate kitchen sink for food is being installed with its own run of waste pipe closer to the drain)

Each sink is going to be fitted with a mcalpine anti vac trap. Is there anything else that can be done to help with the drainage apart from giving it the best fall that can be achieved as possible ?

These sinks will not be in constant use, they will only be used a few times throughout the day

Welcome along MJ, can`t help wondering about ink chemicals etc into an open drain though.

use 2" pipe and as above

Yeah I know im going to havebto look in to that, Its the same drain as which was used previously so would of had hair products etc going in to it so they would be more harmfull is what I was thinking ?

I was contemplating using 2 inch, the only thing is that I cant make no amendments to existing holes in the brickwork so would have to reduce down about a metre before the drain.

Im gonna say the run of pipe would be about 4m not 5 like I first said.

Just for future reference for myself, If it was to be done in 1 inch 1/2 what possible causes could arrise ?

I was contemplating using 2 inch, the only thing is that I cant make no amendments to existing holes in the brickwork so would have to reduce down about a metre before the drain.

Im gonna say the run of pipe would be about 4m not 5 like I first said.

Just for future reference for myself, If it was to be done in 1 inch 1/2 what possible causes could arrise ?

open the holes bigger

What is the reason you say that you cannot make amendments to the holes in brickwork?
If the reason is the bigger core drill bit won't have a centre to drill from, just simply use a template of a piece of plywood with hole in it the size of core bit and temporary screw this template to wall, centering it on the original hole if that's still okay

What is the reason you say that you cannot make amendments to the holes in brickwork?
If the reason is the bigger core drill bit won't have a centre to drill from, just simply use a template of a piece of plywood with hole in it the size of core bit and temporary screw this template to wall, centering it on the original hole if that's still okay

or you can get is started by hand on slow speed

its only just over a length of plastic on sinks that will be used for tea cups and hand washing why would it need 2"?its not going to pull with anti vac traps

its only just over a length of plastic on sinks that will be used for tea cups and hand washing why would it need 2"?its not going to pull with anti vac traps

That`s the 3rd sink in the tea making area that`s for the washing up and it`s nearer, these 2 are in the tattoo area and for the waste water including chemicals and hand washing. I would of thought 1 1/2 and the right fall on the pipe would be ok as it`s been used like that before when it was a hairdressers.

That`s the 3rd sink in the tea making area that`s for the washing up and it`s nearer, these 2 are in the tattoo area and for the waste water including chemicals and hand washing. I would of thought 1 1/2 and the right fall on the pipe would be ok as it`s been used like that before when it was a hairdressers.

1st fixed today in 1 1/2. The two sinks that will be on this run of waste pipe are for pouring un- used ink down and cleaning hands, and the other one will be for cleaning hands and for rinsing out of mouth etc after piercings have been done. Both will be fitted with anti vac bottle traps.

These will only be occasionaly used throughout the day so 1 1/2 should fulfill the demand of what is needed

Ive literally used the same run as which was used before when it was a hairdressers but I have given the pipe a improved fall.

I have also 1st fixed a kitchen sink which has its own run of waste pipe as it is located in a different area of the shop.

Overall I only used about 3.5m- 4m worth of the pipe for the first 2 sinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I ended up just going with same level...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good shout and very much appreciated. What...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun. I didn't want to force it round...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Back