waste soil pipe 150 centre from wall | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss waste soil pipe 150 centre from wall in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber89

hi, just fitting a bathroom suite and as usual the waste pipe for the wc is going through the floor, i told the customer i would move this further back so i could fit a normal new c/c wc
altho on inspection today there is no way i can move this pipe back as there is a supporting joist in the way and only 3inchs the other side of this joist.
does anyone know of any new wc's that i could fit with a exit soil pipe that is 150 centre from wall,

(only thing i can think of doing is to chisel out the wall partly to fit the 4inch soil pipe the other side of this joist)

IMAG0258.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

this is the joist in the way, was thinkign of chiseling part of that wall out so made enuf to fit a 4 inch the other side
IMAG0257.jpg

could i cut this below the knuckle and what is the correct connection to put plastic into this?

the right way would be to trim the joist either side of the desired position
pics are very poor but if thats fireglazed pipe below youll need a fernco rubber coupling to join on with you can get a bent flexi pan connector which may help

oh k , how would i know if it is fireglazed, was thinking of useing a dc1 conector, (do u mean the bandseal type connector that have jubilee clips roundthe outside)
would i be able to cut this with an angle grinder?

i would have to trim a inch out of that joist? that will seriously weaken it though

some of the newer toilets have the connection closer to the fron, would be able to get this on here, problem is that most toilets wont tell you untill you buy and open.

have you thought about, wc unit or bringing it out from wall a bit, with tiling behind?

doesnt look as good but will do the job better, I try not to cut joists as can cause loads of problems

Some back to wall WCs have the outlets nearer to the front. Best if you don't have to mess on with pipework too much.

thanks jase, ye i wont cut the joist that is a big mistake, if i did have to cut it i would have to strap one pararelel with it but that involves ripping up all floor.
i cant pack out the wall, or even build a fake stud infront (as ive done this before)
i know two bathroom retialers and checked there wc's but cant find one yet that would have an output 150 centre from wall when used with a swan neck pan connector,
do u know of any makes or models? as this would clearly be the easy fix,
(although if i did this i would change that "make shift pan connector adpater into the clay for a proper dc1 "

cheers jase, looking at that toilet, if its 210 then if i put a bent pan connector on then the centre would be close to 150
, that toilet seems very well priced for the look of it

yeah, bit of a pain as you have to connect everything, the cistern has to be made up, and you can't see the soil pipe, to put in, but does look nice.

had to put 2 of these in a house. but they do look good.

and the inlet pipe is hidden behind the toilet too but if our job was easy then we wouldnt be called skilled tradesman would we?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh rite , nah that easy enuf,( flexi pipes are a godsend haha) i often fit btw type units, as i hate seeing soil pipes
how often do these normally take to get delivered m8?
i mite have a better look tomorow and try and see if i can move that damn soil ,as customer is already set on the style of wc and it goes with the basin.
but its definatly something i will use in the future. as i often come across this problem nearly on every job but i just move the soilpipe, but that can sometimes not be easily done,
thanks

oh rite , nah that easy enuf,( flexi pipes are a godsend haha) i often fit btw type units, as i hate seeing soil pipes
how often do these normally take to get delivered m8?
i mite have a better look tomorow and try and see if i can move that damn soil ,as customer is already set on the style of wc and it goes with the basin.
but its definatly something i will use in the future. as i often come across this problem nearly on every job but i just move the soilpipe, but that can sometimes not be easily done,
thanks

have a look at delivery costs as I think it is quite high. but you can have next day delivery. If ordered before 1pm, i think

[DLMURL="http://www.ukbathrooms.com/shop/toilets/contemporary_toilet/products/jika_mio_close_coupled_toilet_suite.html?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google+Shopping+Results&utm_medium=Product+Feed"]Jika Mio Close Coupled Toilet Suite. Buy Contemporary Toilet from UK Bathrooms[/DLMURL]

I've heard these are good in tight fit situations.

as it is on the ground floor if it were my house I would cut a trap in the floor, build two rough 1 brick thick piers under the joist either side of the waste pipe, cut out the joist, do the alterations to the waste, fit a timber joining section lapping onto the piers and nailed to the old joist as support for flooring.

I would replace the cut boards from the trap with exterior ply to give a good base for the WC. But then I wouldn't be paying a plumbers time for the faffing about and I have an alternative toilet and shower in the caravan so no rush.

Oops. badly worded 'faffing about', sounds derogatory! All I was meaning was that the work would be time consuming and the customer may not want the expense and inconvenience.

Edit: I would probably use breezeblock laid flat for quick and easy lift and pack out with old tile slips (from my garage) cemented on top .

[DLMURL="http://www.ukbathrooms.com/shop/toilets/contemporary_toilet/products/jika_mio_close_coupled_toilet_suite.html?utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google+Shopping+Results&utm_medium=Product+Feed"]Jika Mio Close Coupled Toilet Suite. Buy Contemporary Toilet from UK Bathrooms[/DLMURL]

I've heard these are good in tight fit situations.

I've used this one a few times - the centre of drain can be off the wall about 300 mm

That's the problem with most online bathroom suppliers, by the time you add on the carriage charges, most items are available cheaper or at least for the same price locally.
I like cheapsuites as orders over £245 are carriage free, so most bathroom suites are delivered to a place of your choice for free.

Cheap Bathroom Suites | Discount Bathrooms | Budget Bathrooms

By the way the budget suite at £175 is really good quality, especially the very deep spacious bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Back