Watchman batteries (oil tanks) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Watchman batteries (oil tanks) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customer phoned me that their Watchman (old style) doesn't get a signal so I guess its the batteries. They are inside a copper tube on top of the sensor. Trouble is its a while since I last replaced any and I can't remember which ones or how many it takes. I dont seem to remember if they were the AAA alkaline type or cigarette lighter type. Am I correct and how many?

Last edited:
Its a special battery pack order from watchman direct ........ about £20

No its just a copper tube which holds disposable batteries (I have done them before just cant remember what they take). You probably can buy the whole unit for £20 as you say but it would be a bit of a rip-off when the actual batteries inside cost peanuts.

Last edited:
You talking the battery that screws down on the sender unit? I didn't even know you could get into them.

If you hear a big bang from Ireland in a week or so it'll mean I've found out you can't!

I didnt know you could take to bits?

Learn somethink every day

Yes its just a copper tube with an end-feed end cap stuck on the top with silicone which holds the batteries in.

Just found on google. It takes 4 x Duracell AAA (tv remove control) batteries.

Also found people selling the unit for £30! What a rip-off!

Last edited:
Just get a new one from watchman and youv'e got a bit of copper for the scrap man :)

No just take the old one out, go into the van with some new durcells and a pot of Brasso and he presto the customer gets a new £30 one! :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
Regulations for a fill pipe in a domestic...
Replies
Views
The worst oil boiler ever to hit the market...
Replies
Views
Good to know that the TMV is supplying...
Replies
Views
Back