water backflushing to feed/expansion tank every AM after pump change | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water backflushing to feed/expansion tank every AM after pump change in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jollybeenz

Need some help. I recently had a plumper replace an old pump on the central heating. New pump seems to work fine, but now I am getting back flushing problems to the feed tank in the loft. Only seems to happen at the end of the first heating of the day. After the boiler switches off at approx 7.30, there is a great gurgling sound and rush of water up to the loft. It is coming out with such force and volume that it overflows the tank and spills onto the floor of the loft.

Feed tank is normally slightly less than half full at any given time, so a fair amount of water is coming back up the pipes to overflow it. Have bled all the radiators and the pump. To be honest, hardly any air at all comes out (maybe half a second of air on a good day....usually just water).

Boiler does not sound like it is struggling to heat and all the radiators feel evenly heated.

Boiler: Glow worm space saver 75
Pump: Grundfos Selectric

Does that new pump has an overrun timer set to 3 or so min? - If yes, than the heating valve should be opened, while the the pump is in the overrun.

Is its operation synchronized with the valves? (looks like the heating valve is closing while the pump is still running).
More info about the system layout and expansion (heating) tank connections is needed. Esp note if there are any devices between the two pipes that go to the loft from CH system (one from the bottom of the tank, another ending above the tank).

You can also try reducing the pump speed setting (if it has that speed selector).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I can't remember if I fitted one or not, but I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
I only open the F&E tank filling valve every...
Replies
Views
Back