Water Circulator Pump Bust After Only 1 Year! | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Circulator Pump Bust After Only 1 Year! in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all, we have a water circulation pump to bring hot water from our woodburning stove and send it to a thermal accumulator tank. We've just started our second season and it's broken. I thought these were meant to last 10 - 15 years?

We don't have a domestic water supply - we use water from our own well which is filtered through a separate pump and stored in a storage tank for domestic water use. Is it possible that the "untreated" water could be the cause of the problem? At 300 quid per pump, I don't expect it to break each year!

Perhaps I should have drained the system over the summer so that water wasn't sat in the pump - could this be the root cause?

Photo of the pump in situ, and the part that broke, are below.

Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20231031_182401.jpg
    IMG_20231031_182401.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20231104_120845.jpg
    IMG_20231104_120845.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 44
Also £300 per pump not a chance

Pumps arnt rated really for solid fuel temps

Would recommend a steel impella

Similar plumbing topics

I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Check for an air vent located at the top of...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
  • Question
Any further developments on this one OP?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dang, seems like point to point heat pump swap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, both. Good tips. Will give them a go.
Replies
Views
Back