Water coming out of pipe to sink | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water coming out of pipe to sink in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello

I am desperate for some help. Basically we are having our bathroom renovated. The plumber removed the units, including the sink a few days ago and this morning i noticed water dripping from the ceiling below. I went up to the bathroom and saw that one of the pipes (which originaly supplied the sink taps) was overflowing slowly and water was tracking down the pipe, into the floor - which was the ceiling above. The other pipe was ok.

I hastily put an empty tuppaware box under the bend of the pipe where water was dripping but it fills up every 2 hours and i have to painstakingly empty it everytime using a spoon.

The plumber cant come until Monday - even then im not sure. I dont really know how to stop the water from overflowing and i dont want to damage the piping, short of turning the water off to the whole house but this is not practical. I thought about putting duct tape over it but i dont know if that would work?

I dont want to damage the threads either in case the plumber will need it to attach the new taps. Please can anyone offer advice on how to deal with this overflow?

Ive attached a picture to help explain the problem and very grateful for any suggestions

Attachments

• plumber.JPG
    plumber.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 50
Would advise the plumber your claiming on his insurance for the damage it’s causing to the ceiling as it’s dripping through as he’s caused it by not capping the supply

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-blank-nut-1-2-x/51939

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/arctic-products-shower-hose-washers-1-2-5-pack/3841j

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
It's likely 3/4" in pipe not 22mm. You likely...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only way to find out as above mcalpine make...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a chattering float valve in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back