Water Fall wall mounted taps - are they all the same but rebranded? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Fall wall mounted taps - are they all the same but rebranded? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I am about to buy a wall mounted water fall basin tap, and a builder warned me to be careful as a lot of them are "very low quality" and he's had to replace quite a few. Not sure how correct he is, but I shopped around and saw many different sellers on amazon, ebay and various online shops selling a tap/mixer that look identical but at different prices (from £40 to over £100), different brands (Vellano Reve, Zenith Dunk, Desire etc) and different lengths of guarantee (5 years, Life guarantee, 10 years).

Do they vary in quality or are they all just rebranded versions of the same tap? Here are two of many "versions":

Vellamo Reve Wall Mounted Waterfall Bath Mixer
Waterfall Wall Mounted Modern Sink Chrome Lever Bath Filler Mixer Tap TB3203 | eBay

I'd be happy to pay extra if the more expensive ones actually have a better finish and are higher quality despite having exactly the same dimensions and design. I know that there are lots of bathtubs that have identical designs but differ hugely in quality in materials and finish.

Thanks for your advice!

Elsa x

Last edited:
Wouldn’t recommend buying anything like this from online. It is not unusual for different suppliers to sell the same tap but with a different brand, but they are not always the same tap. Sometimes they are made differently or have a different quality insert or cartridge. I would go with a Bristan Tap if you can find one that you like but that is just my preference.

Here's a photo:
s-l1600.jpg

As you can see from the links (and there are loads more), there are different sellers selling what looks like the same tap under different brand names with different prices. Just wondering if they differ in quality/finish as the photos look pretty much the same...

Yes so I'm hoping someone here knows which shop sells good quality water fall taps. Also as I'm sure you know, not all Chinese "rip-offs" are bad quality nowadays, that assumption was true 15 years ago but now they have both good and bad (and very bad) quality "rip-offs". I have a few friends in manufacturing and they all say some of the new factories there are more advanced than European factories.

Thanks. But as stated before I specifically want a water fall wall-mounted tap because I want the water to flow out and not down, and I like the minimalist design. I have not found any famous brand making such a tap. Happy to pay up to £350 for a new tap but not found any alternatives.

This is what I intended to buy:

Vellamo Reve Waterfall Wall Mounted Basin Mixer Tap

Never heard of the brand probably just rebranded cheap stuff but it does come with lifetime guarantee (whatever that means)....

Last edited:
Maybe you haven't read my original question? I asked if anyone knows of high quality versions of this water fall design as there are so many different sellers selling this design, but so far the only suggestions have been different designs. Not sure why you feel the need to be so aggressive?!!

So far I have bought mostly branded items by Hansgrohe, Villeroy & Boch and Keuco. But they don't make the water fall design I'm after.

And I'll be installing a water softener/descaler too.

Last edited:
Not being aggresive Farrella thats not in my nature far from it but i have been doing this for a very vey long time have fitted dozens of these taps bath , basin ect they look nice to start with but unless you address the scale issue you will regret you decision sorry if you took my recommendations the wrong way i am sure my colleagues will be along soon to add their comments. Regards kop

Thanks for the suggestion, that is closer to the design I like (the basin version) :)

So why wouldn't the Crosswater Water Square suffer from scale issues compared to the cheaper one I linked before? The cheaper one's design does look better too (and I have no problem paying more, my sink unit is Villeroy & Boch and was sadly rather pricey... )

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Sorry for the delay in replying, I had an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will try this, thanks for your time. C
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's what I wanted to do but the shower bath...
Replies
Views
I havent yet....but it's looking like TMV's...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
You want 0.1 bar taps.
Replies
Views
Back