Water feed pipe connections... help | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water feed pipe connections... help in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I am trying to replace kitchen sink taps at my dad's house and the hot tap connection had a leak. I want to replace current fittings and I wondered if I can do it by cutting the old copper solder ring straight coupler off and put a compression connection on to the pipe that the coupler was in? Or would I have to replace the coupler with another one and have that soldered on? I have never used flux and blow torch before to do this... so I would like to avoid doing this if possible. Could I cut the pipe right down and use a flexible tap tail???

I have attached a photo so you guys can see what I am rabbiting on about.

I would greatly appreciate your help

Cheers, Lee

20181125_151535.jpg

where the tap connector nut gone? eg the nut that goes on the solder connection

you can cut the pipe and use a coupling but be careful its old 70s steel pipe

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you ! How about a 15mm to 1/2 coupler as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just screwdrivers. Although it’s wise to back...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Or just come through in 15mm Use a jg...
Replies
Views
Back