water filling feed tank on central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water filling feed tank on central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brilec

Hello all, one big question, have looked at water dripping from overflow on feed tank for vented central heating system (1970's) and have replaced valve that was worn out, refitted new, left to find overflowing the next day, went back and checked valve still ok, whilst removing water from tank disturbed silt in the bottom, on turning on mains, noted water trickling into tank for hot water and also a plume of clean water coming back up from the boiler feed, within 8 hours the tank is oveflowing again, could there be water leaking through from the hot water tank into the central heating coils or any ideas

more than likely the primary coil in the DHW is pinholed so new indirect cylinder required

thanks for reply. i thought it might be, but needed someone else to confirm

if you turn off the water to both tanks you will find that after an hour or so they will equalise then its confirmed

so if i turn off main cold water, as there is no isolators (will be soon) leave for a couple of hours, what do you mean by equalise?

ok, thats also what i thought, will have to leave quite a while as the larger hor water tank is on the same level and would take a long time to (swap) the water to the small ch tank and then overflow, but would agree that the coil is probably the culprit, thank you again

run some of the hot water off once mains isolated, not too much though and then as unguided1 says just forgot about it for a few hours.

Just a quick note, told her waht was ness and her daughter and son in law got involved, they came over at weekend to look, and had phonecall on monday to say, he had fixed it, it was a simple job, does not need a new tank, strange that after 4 hours it started to overflow again, as he seems to know what he's doing I have decided that I am busy now and can't do it.
obviously a knowitall, and still dripping (tuesday)

Hi Brilec, just read the last note re daughter and son inlaw getting involved, you have brightened my day up. there is a god and he's on the plumbing side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back