Water filter for limescale | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water filter for limescale in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

colshaws

Gas Engineer
I am looking for a filter to cut down on the limescale build up on taps/appliances etc, I want something that will cover the whole house, any sugestions please.

There are many ways to treat the scale.
The best way to deal with scale is to treat it with a softener like the Euroacque DA Logix that is a very good softener and have installed it many times with no problems from those guys here.
I also bought of them EcoMag 1/2" and did the trick. They are neodymium magnets that actually break the scale to Aragonite and does not stick to the surfaces. Those guys have many cool new things that can help you with.
Da Logix Water Softener will remove totally the scale.
The Ecomag that is cheap and effective
This is the Scale blaster that contains siliphos crystals. Very good and does the work. You also get a sediment filter when the crystals are chipping so it is absolutely perfect.

You can find those at cjwaterfilters.co.uk
I wish I have helped.
Thank you.

Only a water softener will soften water properly. All the magnetic ones cn do is stop the lime scale from sticking ( only for a short time and distance though)
used one for years. it worked a treat and no chemicals involved at all. seemed to work for quite a long time and the water travelled well over any distance, whether the coffee flask worked near or far from home :)

Magnetic scale reducers are just that, Reducers.
They can at max reduce the hardness by 3 to 5 degrees ( in practice much less)
if you have a hardness of 15 degrees Clark and you reduce it by 3 to 5 degrees you STILL have hard water.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Lou. No change. I have not been able to get...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.toolstation.com/flat-tap-washer/p25929
Replies
Views
  • Question
a seal? the leak is at the end away from the...
Replies
Views
The bottom one
Replies
Views
Back