Water Flowing from sink when toilet Flushed??? Please HELP | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Flowing from sink when toilet Flushed??? Please HELP in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

psk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys,

i got this problem with my customer's toilet, when they flush their toilet there is water coming out of their sink. It's the same problem with their neighbour who lives above him. Its an aparftment.

I suspect there is some kind of blockage in their stack system but what is your say on this fellas?

Do we need some kind of a Air Inlet Valve?

I havnt been to the job yet im just explaining as i have been told by my client.
He says i will have to access the pipes which are behind the plastere board as there is a leak there too.

Thanks

When you say running from the sink, do you mean the trap is being syphoned? If so, it sounds like a lack of air getting into the system and therefore likely to be a blockage in the vent pipe.

How long has it been happening? is this a recent development, happening a long time, progressively getting worse. How long have they both lived there? Have they had this problem before, what was the previous answer if it has happened before.

Best thing to do is pop along with an open mind and most of these problems are easily solved. Just ask a lot of questions....

Its probably a blockage if its only just happened

Try rodding out the stack and back through the bottom bend via the bottom inspection chamber.

Has it has always been the case and not just a recent problem?

If water is being sucked out of the trap and down the waste pipe and the problem has always been there, replace the basin trap with an anti syphon trap. If water is being pushed into the basin, you need to look a bit more deeply as it is probably bad design.

Thanks for the tips guys. I havnt received a call from him to ask me to check the problem out yet.
As soon as i come to know about the problem i will update you.
thanks

If no blockage try an anti vac trap , if reading this right you got bit of syphonage going on easily remedied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
In the old days, toilets used quite a lot of...
Replies
Views
Back