Water flowing into pan after flush | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water flowing into pan after flush in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

B

briggseybass

Hi guys and girls.
I have an unbranded twin button closed coupled pan and cistern. It has a mechanism under the lid with a rocker on it. It has a plastic 'wire' linking it to the central flush mechanism. That has a movable vertical red tube. I have been able to stop it continuing to run by manually closing the rocker or by lifting the red tube. Is there anything I can adjust to correct it permanently. It is about 5 years old. It has occasionally done the same in the past when a wiggle of the lid has stopped it - but no more!
Thanks, in anticipation,
BriggseyBass:dunce:

Hi there briggseybass and welcome to the forum ....
It may be 1 of 2 things . Either it's the inlet fill washer that's swollen therefor it's overflowing into the pan or its the flush valve washer that's swollen and instead of seating itself onto the Base once it's flushed it's allowing water to pass into the pan ... you can remove the flush assembly simply by turning the top half 90 degrees and it should come out allowing you to inspect the washer... good luck.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi Julie, Top marks for that observation...
Replies
Views
Long and boring video of the flush but may be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Ben-gee. The fact that it can be...
Replies
Views
G
Thanks for taking the time to come back with...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Thank you to all for your good advice. It...
Replies
Views
Meaner4u
M
Back