Water hammer from flushing toilet after switching to combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water hammer from flushing toilet after switching to combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cp71

I had a new combi boiler fitted yesterday switching from conventional boiler. New pipes had to be laid under bedroom floorboards to connect boiler in kitchen up to pipe work in airing cupboard.

now after I flush the toilet in the bathroom there is a noise for about 20 mins which I believe is water hammer.

the installer says the issue is my toilet and is not willing to help.

Please can you advise what the likely cause is and how best to fix.

Thanks

Make sure installer has complied with MIs regarding shock arrester in cold feed to combi. This,by itself, may not cure the water hammer, but will protect boiler.

Was your toilet on tank pressure, do you know ?

Toilet probably set up for gravity cold feed as shaun said above. It is the installers responsibility if he has done this conversion to do the toilet as well as he will have made this mains pressure now. Well he should have done but anything is possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
I suspect you have an airlock or loose pipes then.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
What sort of fill valve is fitted to your...
Replies
Views
Back