Water hammer in the toilet pipes after relocation of boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water hammer in the toilet pipes after relocation of boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maria81

Hi there,
I had a new boiler fitted and relocated to the kitchen and also the bathroom radiator replaced. The system was power flushed and since then there is pipe vibration every time I flush the toilet (i.e. after the tank is filled).

Any ideas where the problem is? I have read few threads that mention replacing the fill valve but my fear is that this is not going to solve the problem as there was no issue with it before.

Appreciate your help,
Maria

check that ur pipes are all clipped properly if its not ur fill valve who ever installed ur boiler may have opened your stop tap fully after the installation so try turning it back a bit to see if this helps

Dirt could have got in fill valve when pipes were cut when boiler installed, call installers back :)

check that ur pipes are all clipped properly if its not ur fill valve who ever installed ur boiler may have opened your stop tap fully after the installation so try turning it back a bit to see if this helps

Turn down the valve on the toilet, not the stop tap.

the points in post 2 and 4 list possible issues that could have arisen because of the work that was done.
the heating system is not in any way directly connected to or affecting the toilet.
so it may just be a coincidence,
if it is a problem that has occurred simply by closing the water supply and then re establishing it,
then it was waiting to happen.
call the boiler fitter back and explain the problem, but try to keep it all amicable, I don't really see any blame here.

did you convert from a tank system to combi boiler which means the loo is now on mains and needs a hammer arrestor fitter or prv on mains feed to house

Hi there,
I had a new boiler fitted and relocated to the kitchen and also the bathroom radiator replaced. The system was power flushed and since then there is pipe vibration every time I flush the toilet (i.e. after the tank is filled).

Any ideas where the problem is? I have read few threads that mention replacing the fill valve but my fear is that this is not going to solve the problem as there was no issue with it before.

Appreciate your help,
Maria

I wouldn't of thought the power flush as anything to do with your cold water pipe as they are completely separate

Could need diaphragm or high pressure inlet valve. Could just be a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Back