Water hammer | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water hammer in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello everyone, I have a customer who is experiencing what sounds like water hammer.
When using the shower the noise starts, but only seems to be in the hot system, a vibration can be felt coming from the hot tap at the kitchen sink. If pressure is applied by pressing down on the tap (not turning it on )
the noise stops.
I have attended before and repaired leaking taps and a wc inlet valve that kept letting by.
They have a megaflow cylinder.
I haven`t checked the incoming pressure but wonder if it`s too high, and fitting a pressure relief valve on the incoming main would solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help,sugestions or advice.

When pressing down on modern tap heads it does push the works & washer down slightly. So check washer (as washers can be too soft or too large & can cause noise) or change works or entire tap if you have to. If it is ceramic disc then prob best replace works although the bottom sealing washer can be a bit perished. Surely the Megaflow has a pressure reducing valve on it which should be checked. Obviously get someone qualified on u.v. systems if you are not.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Definitely worth checking the clipping...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like you’ve gone from low pressure to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My water pressure is around 5 bar and I've...
Replies
Views
Back