Water heater drain valve drip | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water heater drain valve drip in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello. My home's Rheem water heater is dripping from the drain valve. It is strange as it seems to sometimes spit out some water and then stop and then occurs again. I have a little plastic bucket to collect the water, probably about 3 cups of water in a 24 hour period. I was doing some research and understand that these plastic drain valve should be replaced with a brass one (a little concerned to do it myself as I read that the plastic can break and be stuck there.. also trying to save money to get plumber.)

In addition, I read that maybe a hose cap can be screwed on. But is this safe?

Besides these options, can I just permanently connect a hose to the drain valve to let the water exit to the ground? Any other thoughts?

Thank you.

That valve is meant to drip from time to time.
Whatever you do, don't cap or block it off.
You will create a bomb that will do major damage to your house, neighbours houses and low flying aircraft.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The noise sound like whistle so could be over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you done this, did it work? Also...
Replies
Views
newbie184
N
  • Question
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, I think you're right in terms of stopping...
Replies
Views
Back