Water heater Programmer question | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water heater Programmer question in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

We recently moved into a new house & the hot water timing is programmed by a Honeywell ST9100A.

I have set the on/off timer OK but am struggling to set it so that it switches on an hour later during weekends ie Saturday & Sunday mornings.

I am wondering if I could ask for some simple advice re the user guide (link below) ?

file:///C:/Users/PAR/Downloads/ST9100A-User-Guide.pdf

Is it just me or does this particular model not actually have the capabilities to be able to set it for different times on different days of the week ?

If this model does not have the capabilities, is someone able to recommend me a cheap alternative model that does allow different times for different days of the week ?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

I have set the on/off timer OK but am struggling to set it so that it switches on an hour later during weekends ie Saturday & Sunday mornings.
You are asking for a '7-Day Timer' but what you have is a '1-Day Timer'.

If the timer is for stored hot water in an insulated tank there is no need to change your current arrangement. Once heated, the water will stay hot in the tank for the extra hour until you need it.

Unless your hot water tank has no insulation the slightly later use of water isn't a problem .......... however, you might find at weekends when you are both at home use of the 1 hour boost button may be required.

Hope this helps

Many thanks for all your kind replies.

My challenge isn’t so much the water being warm enough in the morning. Rather as a light sleeper that the noise of the heater waking me up at 6am at weekends.

At least I know that its not me but that the controller is a 1 dayer.

Other than buying a 7 dayer, perhaps the answer is to leave it on an hour later at night and have it turn back on an hour later in the morning?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A joule direct unvented cylinder would be my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
Back