water heater questions | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water heater questions in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

N

NL2013

I have discovered (with horror) that the electric water heater (immersion) in the cupboard in the bathroom does not have the top (you could touch the hot water there). Should it be covered or is it normal for ca 50 cm diameter to be totally exposed? Could it be the reason of condensation (on the windows)i n the flat?

If it has to be covered how do I go about finding the right top and what can be approximately the cost of work + materials?

Also, another problem with it: the water comes either too hot or cold - it is almost impossible to fix it at midpoint i.e. warm neither inthe bathroom or kitchen sinks? what could be the problem:

Much appreciated for the advice,

Natalia

without any pictures, we cant be clear, but from what i gather you are missing the top bit of your immersion heater.
I am also thinking this is why your water is either too hot or too cold, as i think you are missing the temperature control.

yes i agree after re-reading it, lame. But now i cant figure out about the too hot/cold water...

To the OP, have you got some sort of temperature control, near a boiler? or in the immersion heater itself?

Thank you for swift reply!!! I don't have pictures unfortunately, it's about 1.5-1.8 m tall and ca 0.6 m wide, no labels or markings except for FH024 hand painted written on it. So is the conclusion that a) the cover is missing and b) temperature control is missing? How do I go about fixing it? Thank you, Natalia

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I think you need to check the unit has failed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, to close this thread the solution I found...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plumbing/water heater- spots recently on...
Replies
Views
Back