Water Heater Replacement Questions | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Heater Replacement Questions in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I will be getting there soon.

Is it reasonable to expect mine to last longer than average since there has only been one person using it? And do people generally replace a working hot water heater "proactively" after a certain amount of time or do they generally just wait for it to have issues. I have been told by some that if you wait, you are guaranteed to have a flood in the basement and by others that they only had a small puddle when it went.

Thoughts?

Get a gas fitter to come and take a look at it. He/she will be able to advise you about your heater. Oh, and don't listen to unqualified people about your gas appliances. Always get a qualified gas fitter (with experience) to do the work.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What’s the flow rate out of the hot tap
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nothing wrong with expansion up the main (in...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
And difficult to see scale build up in such a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's not what I meant. Are the hot and cold...
Replies
Views
Back