Water in my house cut out after toilet flush | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water in my house cut out after toilet flush in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that came from the toilet/bathroom sink area, and all of the water suddenly shut off (from the entire house). Water pressure would slowly return, but would only last a few seconds before it would drop out again. I turned the main valve off (under kitchen sink) and turned on some taps. Eventually found out that the pressure had returned to normal. Cannot replicate what happened. And the water hammer seems to have disappeared. Hoping to see if anyone knows what just happened, and how to keep it from happening again. Thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
I suspect you have an airlock or loose pipes then.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Back