Water keeps running out of pipe? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water keeps running out of pipe? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I’ve got this pipe outside which water is constantly coming out of the bottom as you can see. I’ve tried turning the blue fitting but it doesn’t stop it at all. I’ve got no idea why the PRV is there or what it’s for, can I just take it off & replace with a new one & turn it off on that?
0E222543-F6B2-4D7D-99E3-E64ED32ED0C2.jpegE4175EB1-398A-47D1-B712-4A4A4F7C02F8.jpeg55DEEE1D-59F4-4BFF-A08F-9877B33C306C.jpegFCFDED03-C80F-46D3-BE34-E0C2E1F9E018.jpeg

To save it freezing and busting the pipe, prv will run / blow before the pipe does

Also need to tighten the push fit collar on it as it’s loose / slacking off

To save it freezing and busting the pipe, prv will run / blow before the pipe does

Also need to tighten the push fit collar on it as it’s loose / slacking off
Which prv valve do I replace it with? The one on there now says SYR 016. Also do I just undo the big nuts for that SYR 016 prv valve because on my one there's a part where there's that little nut with the tape in between it & the body of the valve whereas it doesn't have that in the pics of it when searching online.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. Yes I did that with all of them and no...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
Hi, So for the past month or so I’ve been...
Replies
Views
Kevin L
K
K
  • Question
Hi, I have just had me diverter valve and...
Replies
Views
Kyle Magee
K
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
Back