Water leaking for combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water leaking for combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tess

Hi
Just repressurised my combi boiler as pressure gauge was showing 0 (recently removed an upstairs radiator to flush it & replace the thermostatic valve, replaced, refilled & bled it....loads of air in it hence the repressurising) and after having the heating on for an hour there was a rather large leak from the boiler itself. I only refilled it to 1bar whilst the heating system was cold so don't think I've overfilled it. Any ideas what is causing this?

For info the boiler is 10 years old and is a Worcester 28i RSF.

Thanks
Tess

look at where its leaking !

is it the filling loop u used to top up boiler ?

Al

Sorry are you sure you turned off the filling key assuming you have a plastic key that goes into the bottom maybe excess water ?

Hi P J F Plumbing

Plastic parts?? Really?

thanks
Tess

Worcester boilers are now made using mainly inferior plastic parts which don't last as long as their brass counterparts some found in other premium boilers.

These plastic parts often start leaking, so this is one possibility. The leak could actually come from anywhere so a visit from a local Gas Safe Registered Engineer is recommend for a full inspection and repair.

Hi Al
it's leaking from inside the boiler not the pipes below. The leak has slowed to just dripping now the heating is off but half filled a large pan and soaked through a few towels too!
Thanks
Tess

Hi dancinplumba
Sorry to be dim but pics of what part of boiler would be helpful?

Thanks
Tess

thinking of fill loop, if its leaking from inside then i recommend you get an installer in to look at it

Hi Anz
So you think it might be a coincidence that I repressurised the boiler and one of these plastic parts have 'gone'?
Thanks
Tess

Hi Anz
So you think it might be a coincidence that I repressurised the boiler and one of these plastic parts have 'gone'?
Thanks
Tess

Yes it could be that the fault is not as a consequence of the work that you carried out.

It could be the Aav it may have let some water out then resealed but I'd advise you get a gsr to take a look if your worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
I would bet that's a leaker Bottom of heat...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Back