Water Level in the bottom of the Toilet Pan/Bowl in the idle non flushing status | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Level in the bottom of the Toilet Pan/Bowl in the idle non flushing status in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luca

I wanted to know “how do I increase water level in the toilet bowl/pan when in idle position (ie non flushed status - see pics attached) Please let me know if this possible at all in a non technical manner. I have my syphon inside the cistern set to the maximum level & also the water tap to the side of the toilet is fully engaged in the maximum position. Perhaps it is not possible as someone told me in a DIY store one cannot increase the water level in the pan as this level is determined by the manufactures and is there to stop any gasses coming back up through the pan. The toilet I purchased is a new Brent Toilet & Cistern see the attached link: Brent Toilet & Cistern : Close Coupled Toilets : Victoria Plumb

Also in the pics attached you can see brownish stains on the inside of the toilet bowl. The toilet is cleaned weekly with bleach & these stains appeared soon after the toilet was purchased. Do you know how to get rid of these stains from the toilet bowl. If so how and with what cleaning products.

Thanks

Attachments

• SV206083.jpg
    SV206083.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 9
  • SV206084.jpg
    SV206084.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SV206085.jpg
    SV206085.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 10
  • SV206086.jpg
    SV206086.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SV206087.jpg
    SV206087.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 8
you can ram a toilet roll down and flush it, that will make the water level higher!!.

other than that it is the design of the toilet that dictates the 'standing' level in the 'u' bend.

the brown staining is caused by you overfilling the cistern level allowing it to trickle via the internal o/flow and into the basin. dry it and use lime scale remover.

If you look inside your cistern you will note a maximum fill line. Over filling your cistern would cause the pan to overflow taking all the nasty stuff with it should you get a blockage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Thank for coming back. Really appreciate you...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
Hold on, I'm wondering if we have wires...
Replies
Views
Back