Water marks near extractor fan on en-suite ceiling | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water marks near extractor fan on en-suite ceiling in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
I've been away for a few weeks but when i got back home i noticed these squiggly marks near the extractor fan in my upstairs en-suite...obviously they look like water marks. Could someone tell me what this is likely to indicate before i get the plumber in? (i'm hopeless at DIY!). The property is only 3 years old.
Cheers :) ceiling.jpg

Last edited:
Depends where it extracts to, might not need a plumber but a roofer. Have a look in the loft to see if there are any pipes there and where the fan exits the house. It might be leaking from the flashing through the roof.

It could simply be that there is a poor connection between the pipe and the back of the fan. Steam condenses runs back down the pipe and gets out through the connector. As Simon says ( is there a joke there somewhere? ) the only way to find out for sure is to go in the loft and investigate.

Has it been raining much lately in your area, if not its unlikely to be a roof problem.
If you've been away for a while then maybe your tank in the loft is overflowing and the overflow pipework is leaking.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not to dampen your enthusiasm for a job well...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thanks. Will keep the Velcro tile just in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
C
In a word, no. Needs a gas safe bod.
Replies
Views
  • Question
oh I wish ours was that dry! It had rotted and...
Replies
Views
Back