Water not getting hot enough | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water not getting hot enough in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there,

I seem to be having an issue regarding the temperature of the water in our taps throughout the house.

It seems that although we have the water temp set to high, tap water and bath/shower water does not seem to be getting very hot.

The temperature is high enough to live with, but for baths especially it is not ideal as the water is only luke warm.

Does anyone know any potential reasons for this?

Thanks in advance.

James

Hi
I take it, you have a combination boiler.?

If it is, it's just a matter of more flow than your boiler can provide. Especially as this time of year, the water is even colder.
For a quick fix, just reduce the flow through the tap by opening it less.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Yes, I do have a combi boiler. However reducing the flow doesnt seem to be having an impact on the temperature. The bath/shower temp seems to slowly change between cold and luke warm. The kitchen tap is now getting quite hot. Seems quite strange.

Do you have a mixer tap n the kitchen?

If so the cartridge could be knackered and letting cold water pass into the hot water line reducing the temperature of the hot water throughout the rest of the house

Is your bathroom sink tap temperature ok ?

Even if you cut the flow down to half ?

That is strange your kitchen sink tap is ok tho correct??

I would say the boiler needs checking, then go to each tap to check them

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the washer in the tap itself.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-Gee - thats a good idea! But...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
Yes that’s correct. Reading the John guest...
Replies
Views
Back