Water Pipe Sizing | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Pipe Sizing in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

I am doing up a large four storey house which has one bathroom on each floor, a separate toilet plus the usual kitchen sink, dishwasher, washing machine, etc.

I am really keen to make sure that people can have showers / baths / flush toilets / run taps without having to consider if someone is in the shower elsewhere in the house. The whole plumbing system had to be ripped out and replaced. I am having the cold water mains supply increased from 22mm to the maximum allowed by the water board of 32mm.

It was my intention to run 32mm supply as a mains feed up and down the house for hot and cold water, then use 22mm for individual feeds to bath taps, etc.., and finally reduce down to 15mm for the final run to taps / washbasins / etc.

my plumber has advised that this will lose pressure because of the size of the pipe and that he intends to use the 32mm from the incoming supply to the boiler / hot water tanks only. He intends to use 28mm from the hot water tanks vertically up the house to the bathrooms, because he says this will maintain the pressure bettern.

Is this a good idea? How can I ensure that I will not affect one shower / bath with another?

Thanks & Best Regads

Bs6700 has a full guide on what to size it too

If this does not meet your requirements, make the sizes bigger

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
To improve the flow from your high-pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
which must be protected by a RCD new circuit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you ! How about a 15mm to 1/2 coupler as...
Replies
Views
Back