Water pipes passing along hall. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water pipes passing along hall. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Attached are 2 photos of what I found in the daughter's hallway when investigating why the passge was " a bit bouncy". Out has come the carpet and she is going to replace it with laminate.
I have a few questions one of which is why are there 3 pipes as it only feeds the kitchen sink, could it be a gas supply into the kitchen? I hope not. Now if laminate is put over the existing plywood top some of the bounce should go but I am still not happy. My suggestion is remove the battens and plywood and replace with new battens and 18mm or 22 mm chipboard, any thoughts on that?
Thanks
2 (1).jpg
2 (2).jpg

Prob hot and cold and gas

Don’t think you can use 18mm ply as it would leave it proud too much unless your rising the floor ?

Attached are 2 photos of what I found in the daughter's hallway when investigating why the passge was " a bit bouncy". Out has come the carpet and she is going to replace it with laminate.
I have a few questions one of which is why are there 3 pipes as it only feeds the kitchen sink, could it be a gas supply into the kitchen? I hope not. Now if laminate is put over the existing plywood top some of the bounce should go but I am still not happy. My suggestion is remove the battens and plywood and replace with new battens and 18mm or 22 mm chipboard, any thoughts on that?
Thanks View attachment 36805 View attachment 36806
these pipes look very corroded to me, maybe steel ?uck others will have a look ..but looks bad in my opinion if it was my gaff ..rip,out and replace ...I have been around the block in my years and they look well past Rob Foster
aka centralheatking

Prob hot and cold and gas

Don’t think you can use 18mm ply as it would leave it proud too much unless your rising the floor ?
The " trench" for want of a better term is about 52 mm deep so with a 30mm high batten which will allow the pipes to clear it, as they are only 15mm covered in the felt insulation, the use of 22mm chipboard should bring the level up at around the floor height.

Need to keep the felt lagging

these pipes look very corroded to me, maybe steel ?uck others will have a look ..but looks bad in my opinion if it was my gaff ..rip,out and replace ...I have been around the block in my years and they look well past Rob Foster
aka centralheatking
Am I missing something rob? Is there another pic all I can see is lagged pipes???

aka centralheatking

Should have gone to specsavers

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Knappers. Yes, good point - definitely...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Q4 The outlets on an unvented (pressurised)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, yes the pre heat was turned off, but...
Replies
Views
Back