Water Pressure Advice | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Pressure Advice in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

SmokeyJ

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
Water mains aren't really my thing, I'm a bit out of my comfort zone and am looking for a bit of advice.I have a customer who is planning to convert to a unvented system as part of a house refurbishment and loft conversion.
House will be a 3 storey, 5 bed 3 bathroom with 5 occupants (3 children).
The sanitary ware the customer has chosen consists of large free standing baths and 250mm shower rose heads in all bathrooms. Good water pressure/flow will be essential.

The existing 20mm mains is insufficient and will need upgrading regardless.
Pressures and flow are -
Static pressure 3.5 bar
Dynamic pressure 0.5 bar
(Outside tap running at 18 litres/min, both measured within 1m of stopcock at 2pm so not a peak time)

I'm not sure if it will be adequate during peak demand regardless of what size mains supply.
I can't see how I can overcome the pressure drop to ensure it works to customers expectations without going down the route of a booster or accumulator.

Will be fitting a water softener with 28mm high flow kit but will still expect some pressure loss.
Megaflo will be on the 2nd floor.

What I'd like an opinion on is if a 'direct' fed system is feasible with the above pressures/flow or shall I rule it out?

Thinking of getting a consultant on board but if a 'direct' system is out if the question I'll save the expense as can get boosters/accumulators sized easily enough.

Many thanks in advance.

Jason

Last edited:
pressure and flow rate to low i would say

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Is it posssible to install a booster pump, of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s good, we’ll persevered! Let us know...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
Back