Water pressure from gas boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water pressure from gas boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pineapplehead

Hi, everyone!

I live on the sixth floor of an apartment block. The water pressure used to be quite low but, a couple of years ago, the building had some work done to the water system and I had good water pressure in both the hot and cold taps.

However, a few months ago, the water pressure in my hot taps became very low almost overnight. The cold taps are fine and the hot taps had been fine up until this point. Now I get a trickle of hot water, so my gas combi boiler struggles to identify that the hot water is on and keeps cutting out when we are showering or washing dishes.

I thought it was a boiler problem, as I did have trouble with the old one, but I have just had it replaced with a brand new one, and the problem has not improved! The whole system was flushed during the boiler installation (I personally witnessed this) and the central heating seems to be working perfectly. My plumber has said it couldn't be a problem with his installation as he didn't do anything to the pipes that fill the boiler. I have contacted Thames Water and they said that they can only investigate if I live on the ground floor, which I don't. I have spoken to the caretakers in my building and they have no idea what could have changed in the last few months.

Do any professionals out there have any idea what could have happened, or can you think of any possibilities that I should investigate? Many thanks in advance if anyone can help!!!

A partially closed valve or some muck has blocked a filter on the boiler would be my guess.
Can you ask the boiler installer back to check ( you will probably need to pay him )

Is it happening on all of the hot outlets or just some?

An easy thing to do 1st is to take off the aerators on the taps and make sure that they are clean and free from dirt.

Thank you for your reply, scott_d. The valve seems to be open, unless there are additional valves throughout the building that nobody seems to know about. Is the filter separate from the boiler itself, as the boiler is only a few days old so would be unlikely to have the same blockage as the previous one? Am happy to asks the boiler installer back but am looking for some ideas as to what he should be investigating. Thanks again!

Thank you, it's a problem with all of the hot taps. We did check them and I cleaned the aerator on the kitchen tap to see if it made any difference, but to no avail. Also, they are all mixer taps and the cold water is coming out strong so seems a bit strange.

Get the flow to and thru the boiler checked. Something is restricting the flow. Feed valves don't always open properly and any filter will catch debris and slow the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Back