water pressure problem, unvented system | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss water pressure problem, unvented system in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I'm trying to sort out a problem with low water pressure at my elderly parent's house where they have an unvented system. I got a plumber in about a month ago who repressurised the system, after which it seemed better. However there still seems to be a problem, which is most noticeable with the shower, which my brother says is alright when you turn it on, but the pressure and temperature gradually go down. We got another plumber in on Friday who said he thought the problem must be with the shower, but I don't see how it could be (it's just a valve isn't it?). And I noticed this morning the cold tap on the basin in the upstairs bathroom was almost down to a trickle, after filling the basin with hot.
My understanding of these systems is that you should get mains pressure on cold throughout, but the weird thing is that the problem seems to be mainly on the cold. The only difference here is that there is a softener, so I don't know if that might be causing a problem? The kitchen cold is still connected directly to the mains and that's fine.
Otherwise, presumably there's a fault on the system somewhere - maybe the pressure reduction valve? Would that affect the pressure on the cold?
I believe these systems require an annual service, so would a service pick up the problem? Also it's been in use for about 20 years, so I don't know if that's well past the expected lifetime?
Thanks

Would suspect the inlet control group best get an unvented qualified person in eg g3

I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to service your unvented cylinder. He/she will be able to diagnose the problem and tell you what the problem is/might be. It could be anything from a blocked filter in the combination valve to a clogged up out let in the cylinder. As a G3 plumber myself I don't like to diagnose unvented cylinder problems online. I like to see the cylinder in situ and run tests.

Get a G3 plumber in.

Similar plumbing topics

it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
  • Question
It could be best to get him back to have a look
Replies
Views
Back