Water pressure too high | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water pressure too high in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I recently changed the washing machine and found that the new one only had a cold water inlet. The old one had hit as well. When I undid the hot after turning the valve off it be cams apparent the valve wasn’t shutting off properly. So I removed the tap to get to the valve and noticed the rubber seals had perished and of course you couldn’t get those anymore and also you couldn’t get the flexi hose which was he same so ended up getting two new flexi hoses and attached them. They screwed on the opposite to the previous ones. So I left out the valve. Now the water pressure is high everywhere in he house? The downstairs electric shower when on whistles and is really loud noise. The pipe whistles under the stairs loud when the shower is on and also the main sink? The downstairs toliet also is loud when it fills back up?? I’m not sure how changing the taps and adding the new washing machine could do this? I’m not a plumber by the way! Thanks

Gonna need pics mate as your description is a bit vague what tap have you removed? what washers?? I’m assuming that you mean on the washing machine hose but not clear enough

I'll be betting you closed the stopcock off to do the job and when you put it back on turned it on all the way... If that is the case, you'll need to turn it back off a little to quiet the system. However that is short term fix and not really a fix at all because you are severly restricting flow. IF that was it, then you are best off fitting a pressure reducing valve on your incoming main. That way you get great flow and quiet it down. HTH

Hi I recently changed the washing machine and found that the new one only had a cold water inlet. The old one had hit as well. When I undid the hot after turning the valve off it be cams apparent the valve wasn’t shutting off properly. So I removed the tap to get to the valve and noticed the rubber seals had perished and of course you couldn’t get those anymore and also you couldn’t get the flexi hose which was he same so ended up getting two new flexi hoses and attached them. They screwed on the opposite to the previous ones. So I left out the valve. Now the water pressure is high everywhere in he house? The downstairs electric shower when on whistles and is really loud noise. The pipe whistles under the stairs loud when the shower is on and also the main sink? The downstairs toliet also is loud when it fills back up?? I’m not sure how changing the taps and adding the new washing machine could do this? I’m not a plumber by the way! Thanks

1FA383EE-78EF-4589-B027-9E1D2CDEDA07.jpeg

17445BE9-5C07-40D6-8084-9C6AEBDAECF3.jpeg

7EB9AABE-CAF2-4AB6-B0DF-336808B63F07.jpeg

D394866D-4451-48A1-A5B4-2B196048A89F.jpeg

7893EDF3-8D23-4C94-A097-AEDB643DBB4A.jpeg

So basically the washing machine hose is the cold tap. The other on was the the hit but I removed the same valve and just straight attached the tap. On the cold mixer tap I removed a valve that you use a Philips screw driver on and attached the the tap to the cold pipe. I have at the bottom one valve (Philips screwdriver) and then directly below it a funny looking one? Much older looking but it’s on the cold inlet directly? What is that? Thanks

That darker coloured valve is a non return valve. Attaching the tap straight to where the hot washing machine valve would make no difference. Is it perhaps you turned of your stopcock and it wasn’t fully open then you’ve opened it back up fully

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
Back