Water pump pressure Issues.. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water pump pressure Issues.. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Greetings, newbie here, kindly seeking advice on a water pump issue I have. Before I get started, I'd like to mention that I'm a complete novice and have no prior experience with pumps or plumbing.

Basically, I'm in the process of purchasing a home that is out in the sticks and has a 120ft well as its water source. The 'well' pump is fine, the problem is the second pump that pulls the water out of the tank which feeds the house is struggling to supply sufficient pressure (I have added an attachment with the spec. Marquis Pump).

I have found a local supplier that has a Grundfos pump that could perhaps be up for the job. The spec on this one (see attachment) seems promising. My question is, is it too powerful? and if so could this cause other problems?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• w1.png
    w1.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 32
  • W2.png
    W2.png
    869.7 KB · Views: 31
  • w3.png
    w3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
What tank do you have ?

Is there a pressure vessel aswell ?

Hi, thanks for your reply. I should know the answer to this but unfortunately, I don't. I will find out tomorrow how many liters or gallons it holds. If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember the previous owner telling me it's a 500-gallon tank. But I could be wrong.
What tank do you have ?
Hi there, Ok so the tank is a 10,000 ltr tank and there is no pressure vessel. Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Fitting neg pressure pumps may be the answer.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Simon has hinted, this should be done by...
Replies
Views
Back