Water Pump | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water Pump in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

S

sparkz

Hi.....just need some advice and info. I think iv got a problem with my Grundfos water pump, it keeps on buzzing and i can here water rushing through the pipes so often. Also all the heaters are working apart from downstairs. Could this be a faulty water pump?

Appreciate your help

can be a pump, airlock, blockage.

turn the pump up to top speed and try it.
you can also try shutting the hot rads see if the cold rads then get hot.
if they do re-balance the other rads back into system.

Upvote 0
Cheers fella. Iv drained all the downstairs rads and their all working now. But the water pump is still buzzing away and really hot. Is it worth replacing the water pump.

Upvote 0
is it buzzing on all speeds ?
how old is the pump ?
have you tried bleeding the pump ?
the pump should be no hotter than the flow pipe if no air in system.

and if all upstairs and downstairs rads are working that tells me the pump is running ok.

Upvote 0
The rads are warmer than before but have not reached peak or the usual temperature. The pump is buzzing at all speeds and its about 4/5 years old. How do you bleed the pump?

Upvote 0
turn the system off so pump not running and remove the centre screw.
just hold a rag underneath it then replace it and try.
but i don't think its got air in it.

shouldn't be knackered after 4 yrs etc.

Upvote 0
turn the system off so pump not running and remove the centre screw.
just hold a rag underneath it then replace it and try.
but i don't think its got air in it.

shouldn't be knackered after 4 yrs etc.

Awesome done exactly what you said........ All rads are working. The water pump sounds like normal now. Cheers mate:)

Upvote 0
not knowing the history of the system, air can be being drawn into the system through the vent pipe, the system may need a good clean out due to muck in the system over the yrs.
quite a few reasons for air in systems.
if its the first time its happened and the system is a pretty trouble free system don't worry.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How high is the hill 40m as that will add 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
IME Mira showers of that age are usually very...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back