Water softener overflow nozel/pipe (15mm) | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water softener overflow nozel/pipe (15mm) in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

N

NeilFawcett

Our water softener has been moved, and unfortunately the little exterior overflow nozel for it has been smashed.

Basically the overflow hose is 15mm, so we're looking for a nice tidy overflow nozel for it on the exterior (garage) wall? At the moment we've just got a 15-20mm hole through the garage wall with a hose sticking out! Blah!

Worse case, I guess I could get a pair of white 15mm push fit elbows, and a 15mm plastic pipe. I'd cut the plastic pipe to length such that the two elbows could be fittered either side of the wall with the pipe through the brickwork, hence holding the whole thing in place by pinching either side of the hole through the wall.

I'd then connect the 15mm overflow hose to the inside one.

Anyone got an alternative?

I've phoned and phoned and cannot find a dedicated overflow nozel like we had!

I think, the two 15mm push fit elbows, with 15mm solid plastic piping is probably the simplest/best solution thus far, if a proper overflow nosel is not available.

So the hose connects to a 15mm elbow on the inside of the wall, which connects to the 15mm plastic pipe through the wall, which connects to the 15mm elbow outside, pointing down.

I'll go to a plumb center and it may well be they have a variation on a 15mm elbow (for outside) that looks somewhat like a overflow nozel in effect... eg: An elbow that reduces to another size or something.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Sometimes a few sharp taps with a spanner will...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
Is there a maximum or recommended lift?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Wont be polyorc it will be black alkathene
Replies
Views
Back