Water softener regulations | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water softener regulations in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I am looking for some advice regarding water softeners. A client has purchased a NSA water softener with a filter last november and he has asked me if I would be interested in fitting it.

The client is a dentist and he wants it fitted in his surgery to cover all the water connections.

First I believe there should be at least one tap that should provide normal drinking water.

Second, I am not sure that the softened water should be used when people are washing their mouths out after treatment in the surgery

Third, he cannot find the instructions that came with the water softener, does anyone know where I might find them on the web.

Any help greatly appreciated

regards

Paul

Hi hope you can help, i'm doing a train 4 trades course and i can't find the answer to this question.
what document would be needed when maintaining a water softener?
kind regards
Steve

I know this is an old post (2011) but NSA stopped marketing their water filters in 2007!

Remember there are water filters and water softeners, two totally different pieces of kit. The clues are in the names (filters, softeners) and they are not interchangeable.

There is plenty of information about water softeners (and installation/maintenance) out there on the Internet. As other posters have advised always use the manufacturers' information.

Does it not have to be notified to water authority as it automatically uses water fro regeneration process.
(f) a water treatment unit which produces a waste water discharge or which requires the use of water for regeneration or cleaning;

If you install a ion-exchange water softener it must be installed with a hard water take off point for drinking, testing and watering gardens, etc. Isolation and non-rtn valves
Options for drinking softened water are.
1. Installed with a r/o drinking water filter kit.
2. Unit filled potassium chloride tablets instead of sodium chloride.

Similar plumbing topics

I live in Azerbaijan, the house has three full...
Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Any pictures of how you’ve installed it ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Murdoch, Thanks for your recommendation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Call the building manager/ owner
Replies
Views
Back