Water supply question | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water supply question in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi
Just joined this forum so hello to all.
This question is really bugging me and i can't find an answer so i wonder if anyone here could help.
We have a new property and we have a water supply which is useless pressure wise. 750m away we have access to a 50mm main with 6 bar pressure, between the two we have a rise and then fall of ground level. I can work out losses through the pipe but what i can't find out is does the pressure gain from the fall cancel out some of the pressure loss due to the rise? It should but before i spend a lot of money trenching i would love confirmation. Thanks

What's your pressure and flow also what pipe Do you have now size?

We knew the pressure here was poor so we brought a 32mm pipe down hoping to get enough water. This is off a 32mm we put into a large farm building a bit uphill which had 1.5 bar where it comes off the public mains (260m) but useless flow. The problems are that if i run water in the the house i can cavitate if a tap is opened uphill, secondly although the water will just reach the top floor patience is not my strong suit. I want to run a fully unvented system so plan B could be the answer. If i go down that route then i will take 50mm to the building and that will feed my 32mm to the house.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you.
Replies
Views
Back