Water supply to toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Water supply to toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,
Sorry to be asking a mundane question but my mother lives with me (she is 79) and uses a downstairs toilet. I am having to replace my toilet and can not call a plumber to fit it due to the current situation we are all in. I'm also having to order everything online.
My current toilet is a close coupled toilet with the soil pipe coming out of the back and at a 90 degree angle goes I to a pipe coming out of the ground. The water supply is on the right.

I have purchased a cheap close coupled toilet from Wickes for £47. The soil pipe and water supply are in the same position as my old toilet.

No doubt the new toilet will be a different size so what do I purchase to make sure the water supply from my existing pipe connects and reaches the cistern connector. Also, should I also buy a new soil pipe?

Apologies for the dumb question but I would appreciate the correct name of the parts so I can order online.

Many thanks

Wont really know for sure until you have the new toilet and can measure up the connections. You may or may not need a new pan connecter (Pipe from pan outlet to pipe in floor), McAlpine is the choice of many with a wide choice of pan connectiors to view online. Cistern feed pipe problems will be easy to get around, easier if there is an isolation valve close by.

Similar plumbing topics

The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
P
“Our builder” - I found your problem. I...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun and Last Plumber. I checked the...
Replies
Views
Back